50 Weed Quotes to Lift Your Stoner Spirits
Impress your friends at the next smoke session with these insightful weed quotes and hilarious cannabis quips.
If you’re searching for the perfect words to describe your love for cannabis, look no further than these weed quotes and marijuana musings. These quotes beautifully illustrate the power, joy, and sense of community found when smoking weed.
Why do we love marijuana so much? Smoking weed makes us feel happy, free, empowered, and relaxed. Aside from these positive impacts on our brains, cannabis can also help heal our bodies. Evidence suggests that medical marijuana can help treat chronic pain, insomnia, depression, anxiety, nausea, appetite loss, and other symptoms and disorders.
Cannabis use is now more popular than ever, as more and more places choose to legalize marijuana. This beautiful plant has the ability to improve lives across the entire globe. Next time you’re about to light about, think of some of these awesome stoner sayings.
Here is the best collection of inspiring, uplifting, and downright hilarious weed quotes.
Also check out our list of the best alcohol quotes on drinking and partying.
The Best Weed Quotes from the Cannabis Community
1. “I have always loved marijuana. It has been a source of joy and comfort to me for many years. And I still think of it as a basic staple of life, along with beer and ice and grapefruits – and millions of Americans agree with me.” – Hunter S. Thompson
2. “Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn’t the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit … unnatural?” – Bill Hicks
3. “Many artists and writers have used cannabis for creative stimulation – from the writers of the world’s religious masterpieces to our most irreverent satirists.” – Jack Herer
4. “When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself.” – Bob Marley
5. “It really puzzles me to see marijuana connected with narcotics … dope and all that crap. It’s a thousand times better than whiskey – it’s an assistant – a friend.” – Louis Armstrong
6. “The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.” – Carl Sagan
7. “Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see.” – Thomas Jefferson
8. “Marijuana enhances our mind in a way that enables us to take a different perspective from ‘high up’, to see and evaluate our own lives and the lives of others in a privileged way. Maybe this euphoric and elevating feeling of the ability to step outside the box and to look at life’s patterns from this high perspective is the inspiration behind the slang term ‘high’ itself.” – Sebastian Marincolo
9. “The War on Drugs will go down in history as the most racist crusade since slavery.” – Thor Benson
10. “I got high, and forgot I wasn’t supposed to get high.” – Ricky Williams
Insightful weed quotes
11. “By regulating marijuana, we can put black market drug dealers out of business and eliminate the rebellious allure that attracts young people.” – Sal Albanese
12. “Of course I know how to roll a joint.” – Martha Stewart
13. “The criminalization of marijuana did not prevent marijuana from becoming the most widely used illegal substance in the United States and many other countries. But it did result in extensive costs and negative consequences.” – George Soros
14. “That is not a drug, it’s a leaf.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
15. “Even if one takes every reefer madness allegation of the prohibitionists at face value, marijuana prohibition has done far more harm to far more people than marijuana ever could.” – William F. Buckley, Jr.
16. “Marijuana is quite possibly the finest of intoxicants. It has been scientifically proven, for decades, to be much less harmful to the body than alcohol when used on a regular basis (Google “Science”).” – Nick Offerman
17. “Is marijuana addictive? Yes, in the sense that most of the really pleasant things in life are worth endlessly repeating.” ― Richard Neville
18. “Alcohol and marijuana, if used in moderation, plus loud, usually low-class music, make stress and boredom infinitely more bearable.” – Kurt Vonnegut
19. “I think that marijuana should not only be legal, I think it should be a cottage industry. It would be wonderful for the state of Maine. There’s some pretty good homegrown dope. I’m sure it would be even better if you could grow it with fertilizers and have greenhouses.”- Stephen King
20. “Hashish will be, indeed, for the impressions and familiar thoughts of the man, a mirror which magnifies, yet no more than a mirror.” – Charles Baudelaire
Classic weed quotes that will make your day
21. “I’d like to see the government back a programme of research into the medical properties of cannabis and I do not object to its responsible use as a recreational relaxant.” – Sir Richard Branson
22. “I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is an herb and a flower. God put it here. If He put it here and He wants it to grow, what gives the government the right to say that God is wrong?” – Willie Nelson
23. “I’ve been smoking marijuana for 44 years now, and … I think it’s a tremendous blessing.” – Lester Grinspoon
24. “It is beyond my comprehension that any humane person would withhold such a beneficial substance from people in such great need simply because others use it for different purposes.” – Steven Gould
25. “I think pot should be legal. I don’t smoke it, but I like the smell of it.” – Andy Warhol
26. “I don’t consider weed to be any worse than having a beer.” – James Franco
27. “Make the most you can of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere.” – George Washington
28. “I have found in my study of these patients that cannabis is really a safe, effective and non-toxic alternative to many standard medications. There is no such thing as an overdose. We have seen very minimal problems with abuse or dependence, which at worst are equivalent to dependence on caffeine. While a substance may have some potential for misuse, in my opinion, that’s a poor excuse to deny its use and benefit to everyone else.” – Philip Denney, MD
29. “I know you’re supposed to tell kids not to do drugs, but, kids, do it! Do weed! Don’t do the other stuff, but weed is good.” – Kevin Smith
30. “One’s condition on marijuana is always existential. One can feel the importance of each moment and how it is changing one. One feels one’s being, one becomes aware of the enormous apparatus of nothingness — the hum of a hi-fi set, the emptiness of a pointless interruption, one becomes aware of the war between each of us, how the nothingness in each of us seeks to attack the being of others, how our being in turn is attacked by the nothingness in others.” – Norman Mailer
Weed quotes about its benefits
31. “A friend with weed is a friend indeed…”― Pops O’Donnell
32. “When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point.” – Barack Obama
33. “For the record, right now, I think someone needed to come out and say it: I think smoking pot is good for mixed martial artists. It’s a new day and age, this is, uh, the year … fuck year is it? I don’t know, because I’ve been training and smoking pot like I should, instead of paying attention to other bullshit, which I don’t do.” – Nick Diaz
34. “Writing to me is like hitting the herb. No problems, Mon. No worries.”― A.K. Kuykendall
35. “Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?” – Henry Ford
36. “The American Nurses Association (ANA) recognizes that patients should have safe access to therapeutic marijuana/cannabis. Cannabis or marijuana has been used medicinally for centuries. It has been shown to be effective in treating a wide range of symptoms and conditions.” – American Nurses Association
37. “Stop killing each other man. Let’s just smoke a blunt.” – Tupac
38. “People make a decision on what they take based on whether or not it’s legal. We give people at the age of 18 a choice to use alcohol, which is more harmful than cannabis. If they have the choice to use cannabis by legalising it, they’ll be less likely to drink alcohol, giving people an option to use a safer drug. If people end up using cannabis instead of alcohol, that would obviously be a good thing.” – Luke Flanagan
39. “Marijuana saved my life. I have no doubts about it and you don’t need to show me any data.” – Greg Scott
40. “If you grew up in the 60’s or 70’s, and didn’t do drugs I don’t trust you.” – Danny Danko
Famous and inspirational weed quotes
41. “Why do I do it? Because I enjoy its effects. You know, I — why does anybody use any mind-altering substance, you know, because they like the way it makes them feel.” – Mark Stepnoski
42. “We talk to each other in code. We said that 420 was a special number. It was a time. It was a date. It was a symbol for what we did for passive resistance.” – Rick Cusick
43. “It makes me feel the way I need to feel.” – Snoop Dogg
44. “The evidence is overwhelming that marijuana can relieve certain types of pain, nausea, vomiting and other symptoms caused by such illnesses as multiple sclerosis, cancer and AIDS — or by the harsh drugs sometimes used to treat them. And it can do so with remarkable safety. Indeed, marijuana is less toxic than many of the drugs that physicians prescribe every day.” – Joycelyn Elders, MD
45. “If the words “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” don’t include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn’t worth the hemp it was written on.” – Terence McKenna
46. “You know what I’m really tired of is people getting arrested for the possession of marijuana. It’s just a plant. It makes no sense.” – Madeline Martinez
47. “Instead of taking five or six of the prescriptions, I decided to go a natural route and smoke marijuana.” – Melissa Etheridge
48. “It’s hard to be mean when you’re stoned.” – Bill Lee
49. “I used to smoke marijuana. But I’ll tell you something: I would only smoke it in the late evening. Oh, occasionally the early evening, but usually the late evening —or the mid-evening. Just the early evening, mid-evening and late evening. Occasionally, early afternoon, early mid-afternoon, or perhaps the late-mid-afternoon. Oh, sometimes the early-mid-late-early morning…But never at dusk.” – Steve Martin
50. “Struggle is the enemy, but weed is the remedy.” – Kid Cudi
Enhance Your High with the Dankest Weed Quotes
Marijuana is more than just a beautiful and powerful plant. Smoking weed can relax the mind, ease the body, and lift the spirits. Not everyone understands the benefits of cannabis though, so having a good arsenal of quotes celebrating the herb can come in handy.
The next time you’re lighting up a joint, think about some of the insightful stoner wisdom and hilarious weed quotes shared throughout the years. The best quotes from the cannabis community highlight the happiness that smoking weed brings to people across the globe.
What’s your favorite quote about smoking weed? Share your best cannabis quote or weed story in the comments below!
Searching for the perfect words to describe your love for cannabis? Here are some weed quotes that highlight the happiness that smoking weed brings.
Marijuana Sayings and Quotes
Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous old marijuana quotes, marijuana sayings, and marijuana proverbs, collected over the years from a variety of sources.
When you smoke marijuana, you are in the moment and you are happy. You forget about any worries of the past or the future.
Of course I know how to roll a joint.
Smoking helped put me in touch with the realm of the senses.
Marijuana is probably the most dangerous drug in America today.
I have found in my study of these patients that cannabis is really a safe, effective and non-toxic alternative to many standard medications.
Alcohol and marijuana, if used in moderation, plus loud, usually low-class music, make stress and boredom infinitely more bearable.
Smoking marijuana, as long as you leave the nicotine out of it, is certainly no more damaging than having a drink, and I suspect better for you than having a drink.
Marijuana has killed far fewer people than swimming pools; it’s the war against it that does all the violence.
I think people need to be educated to the fact that marijuana is not a drug. Marijuana is a flower. God put it here.
That is not a drug. It’s a leaf.
It really puzzles me to see marijuana connected with narcotics dope and all of that stuff. It is a thousand times better than whiskey. It is an assistant and a friend.
The legalization of marijuana is not a dangerous experimentâ€”the prohibition is the experiment, and it has failed dramatically, with millions of victims all around the world.
Marijuana is beneficial to many patients.
Marijuana is a very dangerous drug. Some people smoke it just once and go directly into politics.
Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.
Marijuana is quite possibly the finest of intoxicants. It has been scientifically proven, for decades, to be much less harmful to the body than alcohol when used on a regular basis.
I have always loved marijuana. It has been a source of joy and comfort to me for many years. And I still think of it as a basic staple of life, along with beer and ice and grapefruits -and millions of Americans agree with me.
Hunter S. Thompson
It makes me feel the way I need to feel.
The first time I smoked was at home with my mother and stepfather; they were like, â€˜If you are going to do this, we’d rather you did this with us.
Make the most you can of the Indian Hemp seed and sow it everywhere.
The weed is for the people. It’s the people’s weed.
A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows.
I think pot should be legal I don’t smoke it, but I like the smell of it.
I find it quite ironic that the most dangerous thing about weed is getting caught with it.
The War on Drugs has been an utter failure. We need to rethink and decriminalize our marijuana laws.
Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn’t the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?
More than anything, the weed really helped with my mental state, because marijuana works on the brain. And if anything, it soothes the brain.
Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see.
Instead of taking five or six of the prescriptions, I decided to go a natural route and smoke marijuana.
Marijuana is a proven medicine.
- « Prev
- Next »
Wise Old Sayings is a database of thousands of inspirational, humorous, and thoughtful quotes, sorted by category for your enjoyment
Browse our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous marijuanaquotes and marijuana sayings