Fluffy Instant Pot Blueberry Muffins
Instant Pot blueberry muffins are the perfect bite size breakfast that’s quick & kids love! If you’re looking for a pressure cooker breakfast we’ve got it!
We made muffins in our pressure cooker the other morning and they were so delicious!! If you’d like to make Instant Pot blueberry muffins too we will show you how easy they are. Perfect for busy on the go morning when you need to grab something to eat and go! It’s one of our favorite breakfast Instant Pot recipes.(originally published 1/19, affiliate links present)
I grew up on blueberry muffins for breakfast. But my mom never had a way to bake them other than in the oven using little muffin cups.
Let’s start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page . We add new ones each week!
- Then LIKE our IP Facebook page for new ideas daily.
- This is a great InstaPot cookbook to grab too.
- I HIGHLY recommend you buy this non stick pot. It is easier to clean and will avoid the burn message too.
- For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Muffins in the Instant Pot
- Seriously this has never been easier. You don’t have to heat up your oven or house to make them now.
- It is a fun thing to do in the morning with your kids for sure.
- We used this boxed mix you see here below and it worked really well.
Instant Pot muffins
- Use this blueberry muffin mix – This comes with actual blueberries in a can, not dried out that have to be rehydrated
- You will need an egg mold – There are lots of other Instant Pot egg mold recipes too we will share below. You’ll be able to use this a ton
- Tablespoon measuring spoon is helpful – 2 heaping tbsp. of mix fits perfectly in each egg mold hole. You get exactly 2 batches out of one box of mix prepared.
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Large bowl
Instant Pot blueberry muffins
- If you go with my suggestion and use the blueberry muffin mix I mentioned above, it has a can of blueberries instead of dried fruit. I’d suggest mixing all the other necessary ingredients and folding in the blueberries at the very end.
- This prevents them from being totally broken apart and you’ll get a better result.
- Do not overfill the egg bites mold holes in your pressure cooker
- Fill 3/4 full which is about 2 heaping tbsp. full
- Use a tbsp. measuring spoon to fill the holes to avoid a whopping mess
After your 10 minute cooking time you need to follow these tips:
- Allow pot to do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes before releasing the rest of the steam
- NOT doing a quick release will make the muffins fluffier as they cool down gently.
- Natural release means don’t touch the steam valve until the screen says :05
- Take the foil off immediately after removing your egg mold from the pot
- This will prevent your muffins from becoming wet on the top. If not the condensation will begin to drip off the foil on to your muffins
- Remove your blueberry muffins as soon as possible from the egg mold
- If you leave them in they will continue to cook and become a bit wet on the bottom
- I pop each one out on to a paper towel to cool off
Here’s what your Instant Pot muffins will look like immediately after removing the foil.
When you pop them out and flip them over they’ll be round and pretty. They really do come out fluffy and quite similar to baking them in the oven. They just won’t be brown on the top.
I haven’t tried this with any other quick bread mixes but I assume it would work just the same using the timing I’ve explained.
You just don’t want to overfill them. The muffins will rise but there’s foil over the top so they’ll ooze and spread out over the mold and just not work.
If your kids love mini muffins like those called Little Bites in those small bags they will love these….and they’re much better than the packaged variety.
Of course you could always make homemade blueberry muffin mix and try that but I’m all about quick so using a quick bread is perfect for what I was looking for here.
- Let me know if you use another mix and you’d recommend it…we’ll give that a whirl too!
Another of our easy brunch menu ideas you can make for the holidays or when people come over.
Crockpot Express blueberry muffins instructions or Ninja Foodi blueberry muffins
- Follow instructions below
- Press the manual pressure button, then 10 minutes
- If you don’t have manual pressure button, press pressure adjust then toggle to high and set for 10 minutes
- On the Foodi use pressure cook function and lid that isn’t attached.
Let’s share a few other Pressure Cooker breakfast recipes:
- Pressure cooker egg bites are keto and a low carb meal or snack everyone loves with a bit of meat and cheese in them
- Blueberry pancake bites are incredible
- Make an egg bacon and cheese bundt cake using this pressure cooker breakfast recipe
- We love pressure cooker churro bites or you could call them donuts if you’d rather.
- Here are 4 different Instant Pot breakfast casserole ideas we have made so far and love
You can try our pancake mix muffins recipe in these molds too.
Below we have offered a printable version of this recipe so you can keep it handy if you want. Of course we love “seeing you” so don’t hesitate to just come back instead when you’re ready to make these again.
Want more easy recipes and tips from The Typical Mom blog? Sign up for my free newsletter, and follow me on Pinterest!
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it. 😉
Instant Pot blueberry muffins are the perfect bite size breakfast that's quick & kids love! Best pressure cooker breakfast!
Recipe for Quick and Easy Blueberry Marijuana Muffins
By Cheri Sicard
These marijuana muffins are amazingly quick and easy to make (assuming you already have cannabis oil). I promise. Even non-cooks can get great results!
Infused coconut oil is my favorite to use for these. You could also use vegetable, canola, or any other neutral flavored oil.
The nutmeg is optional but it does add a terrific flavor to these muffins.
I use marijuana infused oil to medicate this recipe. My making Marijuana Oil tutorial will help you learn how to make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per marijuana muffin IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my basic Dosing course. Even better, my handy dosage calculator tools will do all the math for you.
Recipe for Quick and Easy Blueberry Marijuana Muffins. These delicious medicated muffins take just minutes to prep, and are SUPER easy to make.