my dish og
By Admin Post date
Vegan Filipino Soul Food
Made with Love
Lola (n.) translates to Grandmother in Tagalog
O.G. Lola’s is a small, qwoc owned private chef company serving the Las Vegas community with it’s 1st 100% Plant Based Filipino cuisine. Our mission is to pay homage to our ancestors (the real O.G.’s) by integrating mindful living & eating with our native food cultures & traditions. One plate at a time, without sacrificing flavor or soul.
What We Offer:
Weekly Pop Ups (☜ click for current schedule)
Catering (☜ click for full Menu)
Private Chef Services (Including Kamayan Hosting, Date Night, Dinner Parties and Cooking Classes)
All of our Pop Ups & Kamayan events (along with corresponding info & menus) are always announced and posted here and on our social media. The best way to stay up to date about our whereabouts is to follow us on Instagram and/or Facebook! Please feel free to contact us directly with any inquiries about our personal chef services.
Meet The Chef
Hi family! I’m Mary Dee and I’m a vegan Filipina who decided it was time to share my passion for food, wellness and nature with the world. My roots originate from Pampanga (near Manila) & The Visayan Islands. I’ve been blessed with a tribe of incredible women who’ve been throwing down in the kitchen my entire life. Big, big love to my mother and Lolas for teaching me their ways and passing down these recipes with so much love and patience. Because of them, my intentions are to always transfer that same energy into each dish that I cook.
I spend my free time these days recreating all of my childhood favorites – plant style. Somewhere along the way, I fell in love with feeding people (I’m constantly feeding those that I love), spreading awareness & compassion for plant based food, self healing, community and Mutha Earth.
Thank you for reading. Your support along this journey is appreciated beyond words.
O.G. Lola’s Vegan Filipino Soul Food Made with Love Welcome! Lola (n.) translates to Grandmother in Tagalog O.G. Lola’s is a small, qwoc owned private chef company serving the Las
Follow Me Foodie ест lobster в 魚樂軒.
📸 The OG of “Instagram food”. 🤳 They started before Instagram even existed 🔥 . The signature @FishmanLobsterClubhouse lobster tower is undoubtedly the highlight, as the name “Fisherman Lobster Clubhouse” suggests. It was my favourite course and more than a presentation novelty, I’d go back for that alone. The other dishes were okay and good, but just spoiled by Vancouver standards and options for this style and execution of Chinese seafood. The Dungeness crab with sticky rice and crispy garlic at Dynasty Seafood in Vancouver is perhaps just as good as this lobster tower. Apples and oranges, but both unique and two of my favourite dishes globally. I need to do a # Toronto VS # Vancouver food showdown of dishes back to back! What do you think. 😃
This is the “Lobster in Hong Kong style” (5 lbs). This is what they’re famous for. One of my favourite dishes in Toronto. 💯 😍 The Lobster is great but the crispy garlic mixed with the deep fried baby Chinese anchovies aka “French fries of the sea” take it to the next level.
Follow Me Foodie сейчас здесь: Straight & Marrow.
Going against the grain. When many restaurants are going less meat and more plant forward, new restaurant @straight_and_marrow is going the opposite. Chef-owner Chris Lam has always been a fan of nose-to-tail dining, and it shouldn’t go “out of style” if you’re cooking and eating meat anyways. Off-cuts and cocktails is the name of the game here.
On the table:
1) Tongue in cheek – crispy beef tongue, braised beef cheeks, root vegetable “risotto”
2) Octopus carpaccio – watercress, tomato, marrow, smoked paprika aioli
3) Pork belly – braised pork belly, scallop “spaetzle”, king oyster mushroom, ponzu jus 👌🏻
4) Eggplant parm “double down” – panko breaded eggplant, halloumi cheese, marinara, basil inspired by @416snackbar in Toronto. 🙌🏻
5) Mussels – blue cheese cream, celery, lardons served with fried focaccia. Tasty and generous portion.
6) Sweetbreads – lamb sweetbreads, brussel sprouts, daikon, garlic purée, brown butter powder. Yum.
7) Rabbit gnocchi – cured rabbit, lardons, brussel sprouts, brown butter butternut squash purée. Super soft and fluffy gnocchi 😍
8) Uni gnocchi – house made potato gnocchi, uni miso cream, leek ash, sorrel
9) Frog ‘n grits – creole sauce, lardons, garlic scapes, green onion 👍🏻
10) “KFC” Korean fried chicken oysters – soy garlic butter, kimchi dust, charred rice, pickled daikon 🙏🏻 . Awesome to see chicken oysters! Love them.
11) Sweet corn panna cotta – cheddar tallow pop corn, dulce de leche, blueberry gel
12) Blood orange panna cotta – orange olive oil cake, vanilla chantilly, sea foam candy, butter roasted grapes
13) Funnel cake – cream cheese filling, strawberry three ways (gel, powder, fresh), duck fat icing sugar
14) “Ferrero Rocher”- chocolate terrine, almond tuiles, chicken liver mousse, toasted hazelnuts, chocolate soil, duck fat icing sugar
Follow Me Foodie сейчас здесь: Shameless Buns.
Wacky and wild take on Filipino style burgers and fries at @shamelessbuns. Partners in life and now business, Matt and Corvette opened this food truck to celebrate Corvette’s Filipino heritage. They wanted to make Filipino food approachable and fun. They call it “kitschy” and it sure is. They call it “comforting” and you’ll need a nap after. The menu is full of sexual innuendos and the food is over-the-top. Come ready, and ideally with or after having beers. I was lucky to try them while parked outside @ParksideBrewery in # PortMoody , so that was convenient. If you want to support small businesses, here’s another one. They work their buns off.
On the table:
1) Tapa dat bun – filipino beef tapa (marinated beef), chipotle cheese sauce, sarsi caramelized onions, chicharon, sriracha mayo on Pandesal. Fav burger of the 4 👌🏻
2) Not your ‘lola’s chicken adobo – low and slow braised chicken adobo, atchara (pickled papaya slaw), garlic calamansi aioli, tomato, green onion, garlic chips on Pandesal
3) Sir Spam a lot – crispy fried Spam, atchara, banana ketchup, runny egg, sriracha mayonnaise, green onion, and garlic chips on Pandesal
4) The little sausage – longaniza (filipino sweet and spicy pork sausage), atchara, banana ketchup, runny egg, sriracha mayonnaise, garlic chips on Pandesal
5) SPAM fries – crispy Spam fries with a few signature sinigang fries
6) Filipino spaghetti lumpia – crispy spring roll wrapper, filipino spaghetti, sausage, sriracha mayo. Served with chipotle cheeze sauce.
7) Adobo fries – crispy af sinigang fries, low and slow braised chicken adobo, adobo jus, garlic calamansi aioli, tomato, green onion, and garlic chips. The garlic calamansi aioli really makes it and you can buy it bottled 👍🏻
8) Fili-pino cheeze steak fries – sinigang fries, filipino beef tapa (marinated beef), chipotle cheese sauce, sarsi caramelized onions, chicharon, sriracha mayo
9) Sausage party – sinigang fries, longaniza (filipino sweet and spicy sausage), garlic calamansi aioli, runny egg, sriracha mayo & garlic chips.
10) Jacked up coconut fries – sinigang fries, jackfruit coconut adobo, jackfruit jus, garlic calamansi aioli, tomato & garlic chips. *vegetarian/vegan
Follow Me Foodie сейчас здесь: L’ABATTOIR.
The illusion of a New York striploin . 😲
Trust the hands of @chef_yoann at @labattoir_van to make a very special menu. # BYOF 🦆
On the table:
1) Lightly Smoked Foie – cured in coffee flower, salt, sugar, pepper, juniper, served with vegetables à la grecque and duck jus. Gorgeous and creative 🤩
2) Marinated Foie – dipped in chestnut butter, quince butter, poached quince, brioche. Lovely.
3) Baked Pacific oysters – Summer truffles, whipped garlic butter. Signature dish. Never fails.
4) Slices of raw Albacore tuna – cured with lemon verbena, radish and kohlrabi pickled with ice wine vinegar, yuzu gel, chili vinaigrette, housemade furikake, fresh grapefruit
5) Roasted sea scallops – Barbecue matsutake compressed in smoked maple syrup, celeriac puree, apple vinaigrette, buckwheat miso
6) Grilled Tandoori style sablefish – Crab turnover “samosa”, lime, vadouvan, Dungeness crab sauce
7) Foie stuffed Thiessen Farm Quail – wrapped in napa cabbage, legs confit and glazed in quail jus, infused with matsutake mushroom, slightly wilted watercress 💯 . Those legs 🤤
8) Breast of Fraser Valley duck cooked on the bone – Buckwheat crusted thigh glazed with long pepper and honey, quince, grilled radicchio 👍🏻
9) Roasted venison loin – coffee flower, pepper, juniper served rare, maitake, chestnut, sunchoke puree, salsify, huckleberry. Delicious.
10) Lemon syllabub – Honey, ginger, Verjus, citrus rind
11) French apple cake – Vanilla, apple butter, buckwheat, rum, caramelized apple sorbet
12) Chocolate brioche – glazed with chocolate toffee stuffed with pear compote mixed with raisin puree, rum and raisin ice cream with roasted pear 👍🏻 by @oliverbernardino
📸 The OG of “Instagram food”. 🤳They started before Instagram even existed 🔥. The signature @FishmanLobsterClubhouse lobster tower is undoubtedly the…O.G. Lola’s Vegan Filipino Soul Food Made with Love Welcome! Lola (n.) translates to Grandmother in Tagalog O.G. Lola’s is a small, qwoc owned private
Just Eat – Food Delivery UK 12+
- #3 in Mat og drikke
- 4.8 • 1.1M Ratings
Want your favourite takeaway food delivered to your door? You’ve come to the right place. Download the free Just Eat app now and order from a restaurant near you in just a few simple taps.
So what tickles your pickle? From perfect pizzas to piping-hot pad thai; crispy fried chicken to classic chow mein; burgers, burritos and everything in between – we’ve got more dishes than you can shake a chopstick at. So whether you’re into Indian, pizza, Chinese, Italian or chicken dishes – your dish is our command.
• Search for top-rated takeaway restaurants near you by postcode
• Order for delivery to your door or collection – you can even pre-order before a restaurant opens
• Filter by cuisine, reviews, distance and special offers to find the perfect food to match your mood
• Pay with debit or credit card, cash, or Apple Pay
• We’ll remember both your prefered payment details and order for next time so you can reorder the same thing with the tap of a button
• Receive push notifications on your phone that let you know when your order will arrive
Download the app today and Just Eat happily ever after.
All delivery orders are now contact-free. You can leave a note with any special delivery instructions for the restaurant at the checkout.
We’ve added a handful of behind-the-scenes improvements to your app this month. And, like sweet BBQ sauce on your chicken wings, they’ll simply make it better.
Ratings and Reviews
Poor service when things go wrong.
I didn’t receive my food last night. After two hours of waiting I called just eat for an update but I just listened to hold music for 15 minutes before putting the phone down. I then called the restaurant who said they had dishes that had been prepared but no one from just eat had been in to collect them and they were closing up.
I got in touch with just eat through the app the next morning as just eat hadn’t been in touch to confirm the order had been cancelled or refunded etc.
They refunded my meal which was the minimum I would expect. I rarely ask for discounts but the service from just eat had been so poor that I decided they should have at least offered something. When I asked if they would give me a discount on my next delivery, I was given a flat no. They were not willing to give me even 5% off my next meal and the tone they used was dismissive. For a company as large as this it seemed incredibly petty and the whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth.
Food never arrived. I won’t use the app anymore, I’ll explain you why.
1st time all smooth. 2nd time ordering was Friday night, ordered 19:40pm, food arrival time set for 20:30. At 20:45 chatted with a robot indicating me that restaurant added 5minutes more to finish order. A few minutes later chatted with a real person and told me food it’s late and will arrive for sure in 15-20minutes (at this point that person from JustEat knew there was never driver assigned, I guess they just wanted to get rid of me). At this point my app view said Driver assigned. At 21:10 restaurant called me indicating that food have been sitting for 30 minutes and driver never came to pick it up. They said they called JustEat and told them about it and JustEat apparently told them that they can’t garante that a driver can go and pick up the food. In the meantime, I was waiting for the food. Restaurant told JustEat that they could remake the food if they send a driver but JustEat told them they couldn’t guarantee that. Again I try to chat over the late order, got to chat with a Robot again, indicating again that restaurant added 5 min to the order, clearly Robot isn’t functional and is stupid to make ppl think is AI robot, anyway.
This just clearly indicates how JustEat whole process runs behind from their side. I guess I learnt from this and won’t use them anymore. Of course, after I have to spend time calling them to cancel myself the order and get a refund that I’m still waiting for.
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots and learn more about Just Eat – Food Delivery UK. Download Just Eat – Food Delivery UK and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. ]]>
Ordered on 03/04 and waited until midnight but didn’t receive any food and couldn’t get a hold of the restaurant at all, it was marked as delivered when the restaurant closed and delivery time changed to the initial estimate. Managed to speak to Just eat the next day and was told they would sort the refund on this occasion as I had been trying to get hold of the restaurant and was impossible. I waited a week and no refund. Contacted them again and they told me there was nothing they could do as the restaurant had to authorise the refund. I managed to contact the restaurant on 09/04 and they said their manager would call me back. No call back so I spoke to him on 10/04 and he said he had contacted Just Eat and I would get my refund within 5 days. I left it a little longer due to the bank holidays and no refund still. I have contacted just eat tonight and they said they have had no contact from the restaurant. The first person I spoke to said she tried to call them but there was no answer. She said for me to try and get them to contact just eat directly or deal with them directly. I got through to them within the first few rings and they are refusing to refund me as they say all they can do is replace my order and email just eat. I then went back to just eat to ask them to call the restaurant again and the people I spoke to refused and said I had to get the refund direct from the restaurant. No help at all.