Cannabis Lemonade – A Great Treat For The Summer
Canna-infused lemonade is one of the great rewards of a hot summer day! Even better? It is super easy to make. Try our recipe!
Ice cold, cannabis-infused lemonade is one of the great pleasures of the summer. Even better news? It is super easy to make. The easiest method is to simply add canna-tincture to taste to a cold glass of homemade lemonade.
But if you want to master the art of making cannabis syrup, you can also add this potent extract to any drink you want.
- 3 cups (0.675 litres) of filtered water
- 3 cups (0.675 litres) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerine (available at any health store)
- 2 grams cannabis (finely ground)
- 1 saucepan
- 1 jar/closed container (i.e. Mason jar)
- Strainer or cheesecloth
- Put the water and sugar in the saucepan. Bring to a boil, making sure the sugar is fully dissolved. Now, add the cannabis. This is a very important step. You are decarboxylating the cannabis. This means you are making the THC “active.”
- Maintain a steady, low boil. This is to make sure you do not damage the THC. Continue this process for about 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat again to a low simmer. Add the glycerine. Let simmer for another 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your jar and strainer. The easiest way to do this is to stretch the cheesecloth over the jar opening. Place a rubber band around the cheesecloth to keep it in place. Now carefully and slowly pour the cannabis syrup through the cheesecloth. You should stop when the build-up of cannabis leaves gets too thick. Scrape the leaves back into the saucepan. Continue the process until you have squeezed all liquid from the leaves.
- Let this cool.
- Now add it to your favourite drinks.
REFRESHING SUMMER LEMONADE
- 6 cups (1.35 litres) cold water
- 2 cups (450 millilitres) lemon juice (or 8-10 lemons)
- 1 cup (225 grams) sugar
- 3 Teaspoons infused vegetable glycerine or tincture
- Pinch of salt (optional)
HOW TO MAKE
- The easy way to do this of course is just to use lemon juice that is already squeezed. If you extract the juice manually, it will taste better of course. Regardless of where the lemon juice comes from, add it to the water. Mix thoroughly.
- Some people actually prefer to use a syrup, rather than sugar. However, this is the stage where you add the sweet stuff. If you are diabetic, use a natural sweetener like Stevia instead. Also note, you should add sugar sparingly. Remember the canna-syrup is super sweet too.
- Then add the glycerine and if you prefer, a pinch of salt.
- Mix or blend again thoroughly.
Here is where you have options.
You can either add cannabis tincture to the whole mix or by glass. Regardless, once you add the canna-syrup, mix thoroughly.Making cannabis-infused lemonade is a great way to celebrate summer! Try our easy recipes for canna-syrup infused lemonade.
- February 17, 2020
- / No Comments
THC lemonade is a simple and super refreshing cannabis infused drink. You need very few ingredients to make this homemade lemonade. Grab lemons (preferably freshly squeezed), water, and syrup. We will be replacing sugar with cannabis syrup. This is how your basic homemade lemonade becomes a perfect cannabis lemonade!
How do I make THC syrup?
We are making THC syrup by simply dissolving cannabis sugar in water. You can create this syrup in minutes.
To make cannabis sugar, you will need to extract the THC from cannabis into a high proof alcohol such as Everclear. You are first creating a THC tincture. Simply pour this tincture over crystal sugar and voila! You have cannabis sugar! If this seems a little too fast, not to worry. Check out our recipe and video to create cannabis sugar.
What are the next steps to create THC infused lemonade?
Once all ingredients are ready, it’s time to make your weed lemonade.
Follow the recipe below to mix up your THC lemonade!
How can I make my weed lemonade really unique?
Would you like to jazz up your cannabis lemonade? For a fresh taste and appearance, add fruit to your weed lemonade! Raspberry, strawberries, and peaches make beautiful additions to this tasty beverage. Consider adding mint sprigs for a hint of flavor and color!
Furthermore, you can really wow a crowd by rimming your glasses with cannabis sugar. Simply wipe the rim with a lemon, and spin the rim of the glass in the THC sugar. Want to add a little color? Consider using a fruit juice to color the cannabis sugar. You can also use food coloring to colour the beverage or the sugar!A simple cannabis lemonade recipe using THC syrup and freshly squeezed lemons. In this recipe we will show you how to make it step by step. ]]>