Flower Pot Brownies
Happy Earth Day! Wake up and smell the roses because it’s time to get your green ON!
We’re celebrating with these gorgeous brownie filled terracotta pots. Aren’t these gorgeous!? Real flowers. Real brownies
cooked right inside the terracotta pots. I’m in love!
Chocolate Brownie Flower Pots
Ingredients for Brownies
10-12 (2″) Lead FREE Teracotta pots (check the bottom of the pot)
4 large eggs
1 cup brown sugar, sifted
1 cup granulated sugar, sifted
8 ounces melted butter
11/4 cups cocoa, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cut your parchment into circles to fit the bottom of all your terracotta pots. (*Make sure your pots do not contain lead) Spray pots and parchment circle with non-stick spray.
3. In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat eggs at medium speed until fluffy. Add sugars and remaining ingredients. Combine well, but do not over mix.
3. Pour the batter into prepared flower pots. Only fill about 3/4 full. Place all the pots on a baking sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut a wide straw in half and insert into the middle of the brownie. Pull the straw out and empty it of any brownie crumbs then place back in the center and fill with real flowers. ONLY use edible flowers (even though you wont be eating them) – Gerbers, roses etc.
Flower Pot Brownies Happy Earth Day! Wake up and smell the roses because it’s time to get your green ON! We’re celebrating with these gorgeous brownie filled terracotta pots. Aren’t these
Flower pot brownies
I love serving flowerpot brownies for Easter because they are a sweet way to end the meal and double as beautiful décor on the holiday table.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Jelly beans
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Chocolate frosting, homemade or store-bought
- Green bubble tea straws
- Fresh flowers (such as daisies)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, coat mini flower pots with nonstick cooking spray and plug the hole in the bottom of each with a jelly bean.
2. In a medium sized pot over medium heat, add butter, both sugars, cocoa powder and salt and whisk together over the heat until it becomes nice and smooth (about 2-3 minutes).
3. Next, turn down heat and carefully add eggs, one at a time, constantly stirring as you add them so they don’t scramble then add vanilla extract.
4. Lastly remove pot from heat and whisk in flour until well incorporating. The batter will be nice, silky and dark chocolate in color.
5. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared flower pots and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out just barely clean. Don’t overbake.
6. Remove brownies and cool on cooling rack. Frost with chocolate frosting, add green bubble tea straw in the center of each pot and insert daisy stem into straw.
Make dessert double as décor this Easter with festive flowerpot brownies.