Feminised Cannabis Seeds is a cannabis breeder chosen specifically by Seedsman for the quality of their marijuana seeds. Buy your seeds online here. Feminized cannabis seeds ✅ are ideal for marihuana cultivation beginners. Easy-care plants and you use the cultivation area 100% without male offshoots. ✅ Sale of feminized cannabis seeds of all types, Autofem, feminized medicinal, and from the most important commercial banks …
Feminised Cannabis Seeds
Feminised cannabis seeds are an excellent addition for any seed collector, beginner, or pro.
They’re genetically bred to produce a female cannabis plant only, making them highly collectible.
We have one of the largest collections of feminised cannabis seeds online, with thousands of strains available from over 70 different seedbanks, including Dutch Passion , Barney’s Farm , Royal Queen Seeds, and our very own Seedsman Seeds.
If you’re looking to collect feminised cannabis seeds, then scroll below for the best-feminised cannabis seed selection in the world. Use the filters on the side to find the seed best suited for you.
Why Buy Feminised Cannabis Seeds?
In legal regions, feminised cannabis seeds make cultivation a bit easier as you’re getting seeds that grow into female plants – ones with flowering buds. There’s no reason for speculation. A regular seed can just as easily be a male plant, which is used only for breeding but not for cultivating. So, if you’re a hobby grower feminised seeds are best for you!
How Do Feminised Cannabis Seeds Work?
Cannabis that grows in the wild is usually hermaphrodite plants. This means they contain the physical traits of male and female. This genetic profile comes as a result of needing to self-populate. Most commercialised plants have hermaphrodite genes bred out of them in a time-saving measure. Quality feminised seeds are incredibly resistant to developing this gene, especially when cultivated in the correct conditions. Feminised seeds are created by a grower breeding two female plants together, ensuring their offspring will be female. This is achieved by spraying the juvenile flowers with gibberellic acid or colloidal silver to alter their development.
The pollen sacs are harvested, and the ‘female’ pollen used to harvest buds of another female plant. This results in the seeds developing with just female genes. As male plants can fertilise multiple females, the popularity of feminised seeds continues to significantly aid the future preservation of cannabis strains for generations to come.
Feminised seeds are great for a beginner grower as, if raised properly, they will produce buds no matter what. There’s no guesswork involved.
Reasons to Grow from Feminised Seeds
There are actually many advantages to be had for growers who start their harvest with feminised seeds. Think about it: since you’re removing all the guesswork associated with germinating regular seeds, you are actually saving up quite a bit of time, space and particularly, energy. As a matter of fact, feminised seeds can significantly streamline the growing process.
This improvement in efficiency is not just important to medical cannabis users but also cannabis hobbyists. Majority of cannabis regulations have placed a limit on plant counts – therefore, growers who are cultivating a small harvest for personal use need to absolutely ensure that they’re getting the most ‘bang for the buck’ as far as the grow goes.
Male plants actually do a lot more than simply take up space in your garden. They demand a lot of time and resources for one. And, in gardens where both male and female plants are present, growers are tasked with the cumbersome process of cultivating both plants until their sexes are apparent.
Even though some strains can show early signs of their gender before flowering actually begins, majority of cannabis plants will not express their gender until they start to mature, which comes after the vegetative stage, it might be noted.
The change occurs when the amount of light and dark the plant must receive, changes to a 12-hour light/12-hour dark cycle. In outdoor gardens, this change happens naturally as the seasons change. In a controlled indoor garden, this change must be exerted through timed grow lights.
Once the plants are mature enough, growers must go through the painstaking task of determining their sex and monitoring each and every single plant to ensure that Males are removed before they have a chance to pollinate the females (which can prove disastrous).
By using feminised seeds only, growers no longer have to spend weeks nurturing their plants where there is only a 50% chance of those plants expressing themselves as females. In addition, they can also maximise the space and plant count within their grow space.
Which Feminised Cannabis Seeds Should I Buy?
If you’re looking for something high in THC, check out: Fuel D.OG, Purple Ghost Candy or Blue Dream
The Best Feminised Cannabis Seeds for Beginners
Gelat.OG is the culmination of bringing together two much-in-demand West Coast strains, viz. Gelato and OG Kush. If you are looking for a strain with a deliciously mouth-watering taste, heavy yields, pretty fast flowering and a happy yet potent and relaxing effect – and let’s face it, who isn’t? – then you may well have found your Holy Grail in Gelat.OG.
Gelat.OG grows well both indoors and outdoors. Cultivated indoors, it will grow to a height of between 90 – 120 cm. tall. Producing 500 – 600 gr/m2 in just 55 – 60 days of flowering. Outdoors it is recommended to plant out in at least 50-litre pots or, preferably, directly in the ground. Where it will grow to a height of 220 cm. Harvest time will be in the last days of September, giving it a wide range of cultivability even in higher latitudes where the inclement weather of autumn is yet to make an appearance, with yields of 400 – 600 gr/plant.
White Widow is one of the best-known and still one of the most potent cannabis strains in the world. Originally created in the early 1990s, its release to the coffee shops of Amsterdam was soon met with universal rave reviews. Canna-tourists flocked in their thousands to find out whether all the advance publicity for this white strain was true. It was and remains so today. Bred by crossing a Brazilian sativa strain with a highly resinous South Indian indica, it is named after the plant’s frosty appearance. This makes it white with resin.
Badazz Cookies OG
Badazz Cookies OG is a three-way hybrid comprised of BadAzz, OG Kush and Cookies Kush. Genetically, it is 70% indica and produces high levels of resin and terpenes, making it a great strain from which to make cannabis extracts and concentrates. This is a superb-tasting strain that will have smokers coming back for more and more.
Outdoors these plants can reach a height of up to 300 cm. when planted directly in the ground which gives the roots plenty of room to develop. The yield will be between 600 – 800 gr/plant with harvest in the first half of October in northern latitudes in this environment. Outdoor cultivation should only be attempted in regions where the weather will not cause high humidity and damp levels; otherwise, there is a strong likelihood of the crop being ruined.
Feminized Marijuana Seeds
Feminized cannabis seeds, unlike regular cannabis seeds, only grow female plants. Most growers and growers prefer and buy feminized cannabis seeds because they don’t want male plants in their garden. This saves a lot of space compared to regular cannabis seeds, which can be used 100% for the desired plants.
Many growers now only produce feminized cannabis seeds. They are easy to handle and are preferred by many customers. For beginners and occasional growers they have the advantage of being less maintenance intensive.
Frequently, feminized cannabis seeds of one strain even produce more homogeneous, i.e. more uniform plants, compared to the same strain from regular marijuana seeds.
Feminized marijuana seeds
Feminized seeds are marijuana seeds that always come out female , due to the genetic modification that is done through the application of STS or another chemical treatment. In nature, cannabis seeds can come out both male and female, or even both sexes, and in that case they are called regular seeds .
Comparison of the best feminized seeds, which one to buy?
We have more than 200 feminized seeds, if you prefer to play it safe you can choose any of those listed in this comparison that will not disappoint you.
The feminized ones can be automatic flowering, they are the famous Autofem , which are also among the most demanded at the moment. Another type of very successful feminized cannabis seeds are medicinal ones, which can contain high levels of CBD, CBG, CBDV, or other cannabinoids with therapeutic properties.
What is the ideal seed for me? Buying guide
If you prefer to learn more why you need a specific type of seed, these options could be your solution:
If you want a lot of production, this is the place for you, productions can reach up to 1500 gr..
If you are a first time grower and want to make growing easy and simple, this selection of seeds is for you.
If you are looking for a happy, stimulating and psychoactive effect, here is the comparison with our recommendations..
Whether you are looking for a relaxing, introspective or narcotic effect, we have studied them and know that these will not let you down.
This selection of feminized blues will make your friends envious, try it and leave your colleagues speechless
La purple marijuana is in high demand by Pev-lovers for its preciousness, stop and let decorate your environment.
Do you like strong emotions? With our selection you will discover the most powerful of our catalog, do you dare?
In today’s society everything is rushed, if you want your crop as soon as possible choose one from this list.
If with the options we have offered you did not find the seed you are looking for, what you need is to browse our feminized seed filter, if you browse from your mobile you have the access below, but click on the next button.
ACCESS THE FILTER
Advantages of feminized marijuana seeds
- thumb_upPracticality : Female marijuana is the one that produces the buds that are consumed, the one that forms that sticky layer of resin that contains most of the cannabinoids and terpenes of cannabis.
- thumb_upSavings : When all the female plants come out, you don’t have to grow more specimens than you need, because no male marijuana plants will come out. With the regular ones, you have to calculate twice as much to kill the same females.
- thumb_upWork : Can you imagine spending 1 month or more time watering, pruning, transplanting, checking, and caring for plants that you have to discard when sexing because they are male? That used to happen before, but with feminized seeds it no longer happens .
- thumb_upGenetics : Normally, feminized seeds come from the self-pollination of a champion clone, or from the crossing of 2 elite female clones , that is, from tested marijuana, unlike when a male intervenes.
- thumb_upSimplicity : For some people it is very easy to differentiate between female and male marijuana plants, but for inexperienced growers this can be a problem, which they will not have with feminized seeds.
- thumb_downFrost: They do not tolerate the cold very well and may even stop or even die.
- thumb_downGrowth: Slower than autos.
- thumb_downFlowering: Cannot flower except in total darkness.
- thumb_downHarvest: You can only have one harvest per season.
If you want to go a little deeper into this topic, I recommend that you read this article where we explain the differences between feminized and regular seeds , you will surely like it.
What are the best feminized seed banks?
Although the seed banks that most worked the marijuana strains to become feminized were Dutch Passion and Dinafem, currently there are several banks that have premium feminized cannabis genetics , and from our point of view these are the best:
How to know if a seed is feminized?
If you look at the feminized marijuana seeds, and compare them with the normal ones, you will see that they can be exactly the same , so it would be impossible to recognize the feminine seeds or differentiate them from the others.
The fastest way to know if a seed is feminized is to germinate and care for it until it reaches sexual maturity. Cannabis plants need between 25 and 50 days to show their sex, depending on their genetics and growing conditions. Once the plants are sexually mature they show their first pre-flowers , and at that time it is very easy to distinguish them, since the female flowers are like white hairs and the male ones are small balls.
Feminized or 100% female seeds should have all female flowers , otherwise, even if they were feminized, they would be hermaphrodite, intersex , and in some cases directly male.
How to make feminized marijuana seeds
There are different methods to obtain 100% female cannabis seeds , but the most widespread for its effectiveness is the STS technique. The application of silver thiosulfate (STS) sprayed on female marijuana plants inhibits the production of ethylene, and in this way these specimens show male sex and release fertile pollen, although their genetic information is still female (XX)
To obtain feminized seeds, this pollen must be used to pollinate other sexually stable female plants. By crossing 2 plants with female genetic information, all your offspring will be female as well . It must be emphasized that they have to be sexually stable, that is, females who under no stress change their sex, except with STS.
If you want to know more about how to feminize seeds or regular plants, in this blog post you will see much more information, including seeing the process step by step.
How to grow a feminized seed
It is actually easier to prepare a crop of feminized marijuana seeds than with normal ones, because by knowing the exact number of usable individuals you can calculate much better all the resources you will need, as well as adjust the times more precisely.
But in general the cultivation of feminized is very similar to that of other varieties of cannabis, except that perhaps you have to be more careful not to stress the plants . Below you can see the most important factors that you have to take into account indoors and outdoors:
Growing feminized seeds indoors
- filter_1Temperature : We know that the ideal temperature for growing marijuana indoors is about 24º C. with the light on and about 18º C. with the light off. This must be tried to keep it as stable as possible, because a higher or lower temperature range can cause stress. The maximum temperature should not exceed 30º C. and the minimum that never falls below 15º C. Higher or lower values can be dangerous.
- filter_2Humidity : During germination it has to be very high, above 90%. For the vegetative growth phase it can be between 60% and 80%, but during flowering the ideal is for it to be less than 50%, especially since the buds begin to form, which you have to try to lower it to the maximum. Low humidity during growth can lead to later hermaphroditism.
- filter_3Photoperiod : It goes without saying that for the vegetative cycle the ideal photoperiod is 18 hours of light and 6 of darkness, and for flowering 12/12. But it is important to know that the illuminated phase has to be constant, and that the darkness has to be total during the dark phase, without anything interrupting it. One of the biggest causes that some feminized seeds do not come out completely female is not respecting the darkness, especially during flowering.
- filter_4Nutrition : That one plant admits more food than another has nothing to do with whether it is feminized or normal. That is marked by its genetics and crop conditions, without more. But when feminized seeds are grown, be careful not to overfertilize, because this type of cannabis can be more stressful than the others.
How to grow feminized seeds outdoors
- filter_1Substrate : Try to have quality soil, even if you plant directly in the ground, it is good to make a hole and add specific substrate. A low quality soil, little oxygenated, or over fertilized, can cause root stress. If you grow in a pot, in addition to taking the above into account, try to perform the transplants correctly, it is not good to delay them, and you have to do them carefully so as not to damage the roots.
- filter_2Irrigation : Water stress can also end in the appearance of a few male flowers, and that is not what we want, so it is very important to respect the dry cycle between waterings, and not wait until the substrate has become very dry to to water. If the plant drops its leaves it means that it is suffering, and if it suffers it may end up being a hermaphrodite instead of a beautiful pure female.
- filter_3Space : If you transplant to mother earth, it is important that you leave enough space between plants, first so that no light is blocked between them, but also because it is not good that the roots enter into a dispute over the substrate, since it is another type of stress that can lead to hermaphroditism.
- filter_4Training : Feminized plants can be pruned and shaped like the rest of marijuana, but you have to try not to be a very aggressive training, that is why it is better to use LST techniques (Low stress training)
The best feminised sativa and indica seeds
Although the majority of feminized strains on the market are indica-dominant hybrids and polyhybrids, there are also a few pure feminized sativa seeds or sativa hybrids worth trying, and from our point of view, these are the best:
- done_allJamaican Lambsbread : The favorite marijuana of Bob Marley and many other smokers of the 70s and 80s. It can be grown indoors at 12/12 from seed, but where it shows its full potential is in outdoor crops.
- done_allPanama : This sativa is available in regular version or feminized seed, although it must be said that 100% feminized Panama seeds are more homogeneous than normal ones. It is fast and productive, with a very pleasant euphoric high.
- done_allDestroyer : This feminized hybrid combines 3 classic pure sativas, a Thai, a Mexican and a Colombian, and oddly enough, it remains at a manageable size and its flowering is not very long.
- done_allChocolate Thai : One of the few legendary sativas from the 70s that is still alive. The best effect that can be experienced, of the so-called “homeless”, is very stimulating, happy, and without relaxing descent. These sativa seeds are very well worked, they come out 100% female, and their cultivation is quick and easy.
- done_allMaui Wowie : The quintessential Hawaiian sativa, now in feminized seed for easy cultivation. It is the tastiest of all the genetics in this category, with a taste of tropical pineapple that everyone likes, and its effect is very psychoactive but always happy.
Due to their speed and ease of cultivation, feminized indica seeds are the best-selling today. It is not easy to find pure indica in feminized format , but there are hundreds or thousands of indica hybrids, and for us the most recommended are the following:
- done_allHashplant : A feminized indica with a truly devastating effect, the kind that leaves Ko. Its name comes from the fact that it is a special plant for extractions, since it produces a lot of resin and is large, in very fat buds.
- done_allPakistan Chitral Kush : Maintained in its pure state since it left Pakistan 5 decades ago, this feminized indica seed is special for lovers of colorful plants and the relaxing effect.
- done_allAfghani # 1 : This is a genetic improvement work on a pure indica variety from northern Afghanistan. It has been offered in the Sensi Seeds catalog for 30 years, and it is always one of the best sellers for its speed, production, resistance, and flavor.
- done_allNorthern Lights : The longest-lived indica hybrid, used to create thousands of new polyhybrids, and still ranks high on the top. One of the secrets of its success is its ability to mass produce a beast in the shortest time.
- done_allHindu Kush : This variety was found by the hippies of the Himalayan mountains and later it was worked on the west coast of the USA for many years. Less compact in structure than other indica, its relaxing effect is pure natural medicine for body and mind, and its flavor is the preferred flavor for many.
question_answer Frequently asked questions about feminized seeds
What are feminized seeds?
They are marijuana seeds that are obtained from plants that have previously been treated with STS, colloidal silver, or other products , so that females can produce female pollen that is later applied on other females to produce seeds that contain only female genetic information. . From these seeds only plants of female sex come out, although in many cases a small percentage of the offspring can be hermaphroditic or directly male.
When are feminized seeds planted?
In indoor cultivation they can be planted at any time, because being able to regulate the photoperiod allows us to control the growth time, and that the plants begin to bloom when we are most interested. On the other hand, in outdoor crops we do have to take into account the time of germination and planting of the seeds, and they are usually put in spring . Sativa varieties can be planted later than indica, because they start to flower later and their flowering is longer, so they end up making up for the time difference.
What does photoperiod mean when we talk about cannabis seeds?
The word photoperiod means “light time” and when applied to cannabis seeds it refers to varieties that depend on light and dark times to grow or flower. Photodependent varieties are based on the number of hours of light and darkness to know if it is time to grow or flower, unlike autoflowering varieties, which do not intercede and start flowering automatically as soon as they reach sexual maturity. .
How long does a feminized seed take?
That depends on your genetics, a fast flowering feminized is not the same as an indica feminized or feminized sativa. The growth time does not change much in this regard, but the flowering period can vary significantly from one feminized seed to another. The “Fast version” varieties are the fastest in the photodependent category, followed by indica, then hybrids, and finally sativas, which are the ones that take the longest to grow. It can be said that on average the flowering of feminized seeds is 9 weeks , to which must be added the vegetative growth time, which is usually one month, so the total cycle would be around 13 weeks per general norm.