Cannabis Herbal Liniment :: For Fast, Effective Topical Pain Relief
Last Updated on March 26, 2019 by Andrea
linвЂўiвЂўment [ lГnnЙ™mЙ™nt ]
pain-relieving liquid rub: a liquid rubbed into the skin to relieve aches or pain, e.g. one containing alcohol and camphor
As defined above, a liniment is an external application that is rubbed into the skin primarily for the purposes of pain relief — and my Cannabis Herbal Liniment recipe was created with herbal alliesВ full of super potent anti-inflammatory + analgesic properties!
When combined into a liniment, these magical plant spirits can ::
- be massage into muscles, both before and after physical activity for immediate soothing relief
- stimulate circulation
- soothe and heal bruising
- relieve the pain of rheumatoid arthritis and gout
- alleviate tension headaches
- reduce the healing time for injuries
- strengthen, protect, and prepare the body for and during exertion
- repair overworked muscles, tendon injuries, and sprains
- act as an anti-inflammatory by reducing inflammation and relieving the associated pain and swelling
- provide really relief from fibromyalgia symptoms
- reduce the itching and inflammation caused by insect bites
- heal skin eruptions of any kind (i.e. acne, etc.)
- CBD-rich cannabis flowers + trim (sugar leaf)
- arnica flowers
- comfrey root
- helichrysum flowers
- St. JohnвЂ™s wort
- devilвЂ™s claw root
- ginger root
- cayenne pepper
- turmeric root
…are all well-known for theirВ anti-inflammatory,В analgesic,В sedative,В antispasmodic, andВ anti-microbialВ properties.
This magical healing liniment is must-have forВ anyone suffering from pain!
Click this link to find my recipe
for the Peaceful Warrior Cannabis Salve.
There you will find where I share my method for an oil infusion.
Cannabis Herbal Liniment
*Use organics whenever possible. I have linked to the products I personally use and recommend.
- herbal blend, enough to fill a quart-sized glass mason jar 2/3 fullВ (I use a combination of CBD-rich, indica-dominantВ cannabis flowers + trim, [you can purchase “legal in all 50 states”В CBD-rich hemp flowersВ here if you live in a state without medical marijuana laws], arnica flowers, comfrey root, helichrysum flowers, St. JohnвЂ™s wort, devilвЂ™s claw root, ginger root, cayenne pepper, and turmeric rootвЂ¦use whatever you have on hand. Please note :: The cannabis/CBD-rich hemp + arnica are the secret to this liniment! Use these two if you use nothing else.)
- isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol), enough to cover
*Herbal liniments are made in exactly the same way as a tincture. Read more about herbal tincturing here…
- In a quart-sized glass mason jar combine all of the herbs you have chosen to use. Note: For the best medicine, use a grinder or similar object to grind all herbs to a fine consistency.
- Pour isopropyl alcohol over the plant material to fill the jar, leaving an inch of head space.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place lid tightly on jar and let mixture stand in a warm location.
- Let jar stand for at least 4 weeks (6 weeks is awesome too), shake well every day.
- After 4-6 weeks of steeping, strain the liniment well using a piece of unbleached cheesecloth and re-bottle.В Note: Be sure to clearly label for EXTERNAL USE ONLY. And store in a cool, dark place.
Apply the liniment every few minutes for an hour or two in acute instances. Otherwise, use freely until desired results are achieved.
Tips for UseВ
-I like to re-bottle my liniment into these roll top glass bottles for ease of use.
-By applying the liniment to the temples, back of the neck, and to the forehead it can be used as an excellent remedy for a headache.
-Apply to painful and swollen joints to relieve the symptoms of arthritis.
-Useful as a treatment for athleteвЂ™s foot. Apply frequently and saturate the affected area thoroughly.
-It also seems to be extremely effective in the treatment of acne!
-Simply apply directly onto skin and massage into sore muscles for instant relief.
Note: Naturally the resultsВ will beВ different for everyone. This is by no means a cure-all. IвЂ™m just happy to share with you my experience with these plants and/or oils. Please use conventional wisdom and consult with your medical professional prior to using this or any other herbal remedy.В And as we know all too well the FDA doesnвЂ™t like any type of claimвЂ¦therefore, take it for what it is, and remember, this information isВ purely educational in its purpose.
DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my knowledge-sharing/writing/blogging activities, I occasionally may receive monetary compensation for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this article. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.
Frugally Sustainable is a resource for all things natural, frugal, and sustainable. If you like DIY and are bit “crunchy”, this site is for you!
How to Clean Your Grinder While Making a Marijuana Pain Relief Rub
Here’s a frugal tip that will help you squeeze every last bit of therapeutic benefit from your cannabis. Clean your grinder WHILE making a pain and inflammation relieving topical rub!
Yes. It takes no extra time but you’re left with something useful at the end (besides a clean grinder which of course is always useful).
Place your sticky grinder parts in a small cup, cover with 90% or higher isopropyl alcohol. Let sit for an hour or so. Remove and grinder and rinse under hot water. Use the cannabis-infused alcohol to rub on sore knees or elbows, etc.
If you substitute food grade alcohol you can even use as an edible or sublingual tincture, but ONLY if you use food-grade, NEVER ingest isopropyl or rubbing alcohol.
True the cannabis has not been decarboxylated, but even in its raw state, THC-A, CBD-A and other cannabinoids still have plenty of medicinal effects.
Try this next time you clean your grinder. Waste not, want not!
This simple alcohol rub is the easiest of all cannabis topicals to make. The next easiest are Marijuana Massage Oils that you can use for quick localized relief from pain, inflammation, itching, stress reduction, and more.
Download my FREE Marijuana Massage Oils e-book that shows you just how easy it is to make infused massage oils. The download includes 5 of my favorite healing DIY Marijuana Massage Oil formulas.
Clean your cannabis grinder AND create a pain and inflammation relieving topical rub at the same time. Get every last bit of benefit from your cannabis!