Autoflowering plants are revolutionizing the future of large-scale hemp cultivation
75 days from germination to harvest, plants can flower under mid-summer light conditions, allowing the farmer to shape their cultivation and harvest schedules.
75 days from germination to harvest.
Not dependent on light conditions to trigger flowering.
Ideal for creating staggered planting and harvest dates.
This variety helps to increase “bud to stem” ratios by 30%+, due to compact and effective bud development.
Assists in the conservation of time, energy and general resources such as water, nutrients, labor and processing infrastructure.
Highly drought resistant, these plants thrive in dry stressful conditions.
Low water consumption helps to mitigate resources for the first 30 days, though the plants maintain very high metabolic demands throughout their short life cycle.
*Trimmed flower. Homogeneous samples will meet federal regulatory compliance.
Results are dependent on a variety of growing conditions, especially the harvest date. It is suggested that as harvest approaches, you have samples analyzed to determine the optimal harvest window and to ensure compliance. See our COAs for more in-depth harvest results.
- Autoflowering varieties require a bit more care and attention shortly after the germination period. Due to their Ruderalis genetic lineage, plants optimally thrive in drier conditions with intense sunlight. High density planting is recommended to maximize yield potential as yield may vary contingent on your geographic location and time of year you are planting. Typically, autoflowering varieties can be more susceptible to shock in low temperatures (50 degrees and below). It is recommended to evaluate annual variable weather conditions before choosing when to germinate seeds.
- Hot and arid desert regions typically can start spring germination in the end of March to beginning of April, depending on the season’s variable weather conditions and predictions. Northern regions are encouraged to wait a few weeks after the last frost to avoid any unnecessary lower temperatures, which can cause adverse effects during critical weeks of the vegetative period.
- Plants typically show signs of flowering just 30 short days after germination and will continue to grow vertically 45-50 days into the life cycle. Soil should remain on the drier side as plants thrive in more stressful conditions causing more vigorous growth to occur. Small amounts of water given multiple times a day is the most effective method of delivery to create optimal growth potential.
- Stronger feeding regimens are highly recommended to meet the plant’s aggressive metabolic demands due to a short life cycle. This is critical during the first few weeks of development allowing plants to gain necessary vertical growth for later stages of flowering development.
Looking for more Lightning Auto specifications?
Please check out our 2020 catalog for more information on this strain. In our catalog you’ll also find additional information regarding seeds, starts, clones and our current pricing. Or hop on over to our COA page to see recent laboratory results.
Did you know?
Long before breeders began modifying plant traits, autoflowering cannabis already existed in the wild! This unusual gene first occurred as an adaptation to environmental conditions. You might be familiar with Cannabis indica and sativa. Well, the autoflowering gene arose in Cannabis ruderalis .
The ruderalis subspecies adapted to the cold and often harsh environments of Central Asia, Eastern Europe and Russia. These regions feature a considerably shorter growing season and colder temperatures. Instead of waiting for the seasons to change, the subspecies developed an autoflowering gene to ensure reproduction before the temperature plummets.
Lightning Autoflower is revolutionizing the future of industrial hemp cultivation. High CBD production with only 75 days from germination to harvest…
AutoCBD | Reliable, feminized hemp seeds
Phylos AutoCBD is a compact, short-season hemp crop ideal for low cost farming production and extraction.
For career farmers, sourcing reliable seed is the biggest decision factor in producing a competitive crop buyers want. Phylos AutoCBD is the first wave of improved CBD hemp seed offering growers predictable, stable results in the field.
Phylos AutoCBD is a compact, short-season hemp crop ideal for low-cost farming production and extraction.
• Avoids industry bottlenecks and harvest in just 75 days
• Lowers your risk with lab-verified feminization rates
• Better suppresses weeds with dense planting canopy
• Lowers labor costs with mechanized harvest
• Protects your investment with low-risk chemical ratio (26:1 Total CBD to Total THC ratio)
Highest feminization rates
With lab-verified feminization rates* of 99.98%+, you can avoid the risk of high cost accidental pollination.
Trialed across the US
Phylos AutoCBD was evaluated at more than 35 sites across the US in the summer of 2019, with ongoing trials to more deeply understand how it grows in every climate.
Reaching maturity in an average of 75 days, Phylos AutoCBD is an optimal choice for staggered harvests or pairing with a photosensitive variety.
Optimized for extraction
Phylos AutoCBD plants grow more flower per plant than stems and stalks, meaning less unwanted byproduct and higher value per pound for your processor.
Easy-to-grow compact size
Grow 10,000 plants per acre for better weed suppressions and more biomass per acre than orchard-style photosensitive varieties.
Our Quality Standards
Phylos AutoCBD hemp seeds are backed by rigorous analysis that includes chemical, germination, genetic, and feminization testing.
Our pre-harvest Certificate of Analysis (or COA) complies with Oregon’s sampling laws (28 days prior to harvest). Download the COA for AutoCBD (PDF).
We’re bringing hemp into mainstream agriculture by implementing industry-leading quality control standards such as:
• Germination testing
• Feminization analysis
• Precise seed weighing technology
• Heat-sealed packaging
Phylos Genotype Testing
The Phylos Genotype Test is a powerful tool for understanding your plants, showing identical clone matches, how they’re related to varieties around the world, and insight into their breeding potential.
Farmers can now learn more about the genetic makeup of AutoCBD on the Phylos Galaxy and its Genotype Report. The test results from December 11, 2019, showed no relatives in the Galaxy, meaning Phylos is not only the first to genotype AutoCBD (or NBS CBD-1) but also no other samples in the Galaxy are genetically related. Because AutoCBD is an autoflower variety, there are also no clones due the inability to keep clones of autoflower plants.
* The feminization rate of AutoCBD is >99.98% based on lab results showing zero males in 4,304 plants. It is expected that the feminization rate is much higher but would require larger samples (>43K to get a rate of >99.998%, >430K for a rate of >99.9998%).
Order Phylos AutoCBD
Phylos recommends planting approximately 10,000 AutoCBD seeds per acre. Phylos AutoCBD is now available in quantities as low as 5,000 seeds.
Subscribe to Phylos News
Monthly updates with the latest news, events, and helpful resources.
Phylos AutoCBD is the first wave of improved CBD hemp seed offering growers predictable, stable results in the field.